I made a post here on my blog about me continuing my Japanese lessons. I was really having a hard time recalling all my previous vocabulary words and Kanji characters so tried to look for a dictionary app for Japanese. I downloaded different dictionaries but they seemed to be useless because of the confusing translations and no furigana counterpart for the Kanji. I just thought “How the hell am I supposed to study Kanji without furigana or even the stroke order?”
I asked help from one of my batch mates and she told me to download Imiwa. She told me that it is the best Japanese dictionary application from Apple app store. I didn’t have any second thoughts so I immediately downloaded the app. And my friend is not wrong, I am so loving Imiwa Japanese Dictionary!
If you’ll download Imiwa, the app size is around 100+ mb. That 100+mb is super worth the download because of the following features of the app:
1. “Good” translations for both Jap-Eng and Eng-Jap. It also have some Spanish or Portuguese translations.
2. There are JLPT reviewers for the Kanji characters! Kanji characters are categorized based on their frequency on JLPTs.
3. It contains a stroke order gif image! It’s in .gif form so you can really see how the Kanji character is written. Stroke count is also included!
4. There are example sentences for each word! Though the sentences uses complicated grammar patterns so I can’t understand most of them =)
5. And one of the best things about Imiwa is that you can also review your HANJA! Yes, HANJA!
For every Kanji character that you will input or search, there will always be a Hanja counterpart! See the picture below for an example:
The word west: Nishi in Japanese, and Seo in Korean!
Male is otoko in Japanese, and Nam in Korean!
6. And the best-est thing about this dictionary is it is ABSOLUTELY FREEEEE! It’s true that one of the best things in the world are for freeeee! You can also use the dictionary even if you’re offline!
Well, I have a confession to make, I think I’m in love with Imiwa because of its Hanja features and not because it helps me with my Japanese lessons haha! It does help me with my Kanji but I enjoy its Hanja features more than the others. Hihi^^
If you want to try this dictionary here’s the DL link:
Download Link: Imiwa?