초급 한국어 쓰기 (Writing Korean for Beginners) is one of the books that we’ve used in our Level 1B Korean language class at Hannam University’s Korean Language Center. In my opinion, the book is really useful and very helpful for Korean language learning beginners especially if you want to learn writing in Korean. The book has a chapter with a short history of Hangeul. There are pages on learning how to write Hangeul so if you still don’t know how to write the Korean alphabet, you will be able to learn it easily.
The book also contains 20 Lessons. Each unit contains the following: Goals of each lesson, Introduction of the lesson, New Vocabulary and Expressions, Grammar Introduction, Self-Assessments and other simple exercises and introduction of the Korean culture. Every unit is explained well and you will be able to assess your Korean writing skills after studying the grammar patterns and vocabulary words after each unit.
Other details of the book:
Title of the Book: 초급 한국어 쓰기 – Writing Korean for Beginners (by the National Institute of the Korean Language)
Number of pages: 311
Price: Korean won – 20,000won; USD- 19.23$(via Seoul Selection)
- If you are a beginner in learning Korean writing, this book will be a big help.
- The lessons are easy to understand.
- The vocabulary words needed for a beginner to express basic sentences are also introduced in the book.
- Each unit contains colored illustrations for better understanding of the lesson.
- The quality of the book’s paper is superb!
- The index of the book serves as a glossary, containing the Korean words used in the book with its corresponding English translation.
- Actually, I can’t think of anything negative comment about the book. The book was really a big help in understanding basic grammar patterns and basic Korean words.
Where to buy the book: I browsed Seoul Selection and I saw that they have copies of this book. You can check it out here. I also checked Kyobo Bookstore Online and I found out that this book is not only available in English but also in Chinese, Mongolian, Spanish, Russian and many more.
Book Rating: 5/5
Sorry for the crappy photos. My iPod is on a low battery state so the photos are not that clear.